madlib-user mailing list archives

From Rashmi Raghu <rra...@pivotal.io>
Subject [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc3
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 01:10:42 GMT
Hello MADlib community,

We have created a MADlib 1.11 RC-3, with the artifacts below (source and
convenience binaries) up for a vote.

Note that voting for the RC-2 release has been cancelled due to the need
for minor corrections based on community feedback. Sorry for the
inconvenience.

RC-3 replaces RC-2 with the following minor changes:
* Ensure product naming is consistently 'Apache MADlib (incubating)'
* Git revision tag changed to rc/1.11-rc3

This will be the 5th release for Apache MADlib (incubating).

The main goals of this release are:
* new module (PageRank for graph analytics with grouping support included)
* improvements to existing modules (add grouping support to Single Source
Shortest Path, reduce memory footprint of DT and RF, include NULL features
in training DT, add support for array and svec output for Pivot module,
utility to unnest 2-D arrays into rows of 1-D arrays)
* platform updates (GPDB 5)
* updates for Apache Top Level Project readiness and build process on
Apache infrastructure
* bug fixes
* doc improvements

For more information including release notes, please see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.11

*** Please download, review and vote by Tue May 09, 2017 @ 6pm PDT ***

We're voting upon the source and convenience binaries below:

Source Repository (tag):  rc/1.11-rc3
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/tree/rc/1.11-rc3

Source Files and convenience Binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/1.11-incubating-rc3/

Commit:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/commit/8e2778a3921aa99f009962756881ce4bea5eee16

KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/KEYS

To help in tallying the vote, PMC members please be sure to indicate
"(binding)" with the vote.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)