madlib-user mailing list archives

From Frank McQuillan <fmcquil...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc3
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 16:34:49 GMT
I just want to comment on a couple items raised in the RC1 and RC2 votes
that pertain to RC3:

(1)
“I happened to open the file "CMakeLists.txt" in the root directory
    and noticed it does not have the standard ASF header. I know there
    were IP issues resolved globally for the project recently. I
    noticed many of them are excluded in the pom.xml file. Regardless
    of the IP issues, shouldn't these files contain the ASF header?”

Since this file existed before MADlib’s move to ASF, it does not need an
ASF header as per the guidance from ASF on this topic

(2)
“The DMG(apache-madlib-1.11-incubating-bin-Darwin.dmg) contains a
    pkg file named "madlib-1.11-Darwin.pkg". Shouldn't it be called
    "apache-madlib-1.11-incubating-Darwin.pkg"?

Similarly, the DMG base folder name is madlib-1.11.Darwin.“

As per guidance from Roman our mentor, it is not necessary to rename all
packages and files.  Also, this may affect some functional tests that look
for certain file names.

(3)
“There are still three outstanding Jira issues in an "Unresolved" state
with a fix version of v1.11.  Are they going to be resolved soon? They can
be seen with the following url:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB/fixforversion/12339592/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel
”

Regarding the JIRAs that are not closed, the actual work has been done so
there is nothing material pending.  But I did not close them because I
wanted Roman to do that, since he was the one overseeing them.

(4)
Convenience binaries are being voted on, as Rashmi’s email calls out.

(5)
I tried out the RC3 dmg and found that install, reinstall, upgrade work
fine with the soft link on my OS X box on PG 9.6

So...

+1