madlib-user mailing list archives

From Ed Espino <esp...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc2
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 04:15:49 GMT
I have taken a quick look at the DMG and a Linux RPM binary artifacts
(sorry haven't had time to build and/or test the binaries yet). But this
info might be of some benefit to the team sooner than later.

Regards,
-=e
--
*Ed Espino*

PGP signature (source and convenience binaries): good
Hashes (source and convenience binaries): good
Source directory layout: good
Source LICENSE, DISCLAIMER & NOTICE: good
Apache Release Audit Tool (RAT):

  Observation:

  - I happened to open the file "CMakeLists.txt" in the root directory
    and noticed it does not have the standard ASF header. I know there
    were IP issues resolved globally for the project recently. I
    noticed many of them are excluded in the pom.xml file. Regardless
    of the IP issues, shouldn't these files contain the ASF header?

Source miscelaneous: HAWQ_Install.txt

  Observation:

  - The file references the product name as "MADlib" and not "Apache
    MADlib (Incubating). Is this file still valid?

CONVENIENCE BINARIES

Mac Installer DMG file: apache-madlib-1.11-incubating-bin-Darwin.dmg

  Observation:

  - The DMG´╝łapache-madlib-1.11-incubating-bin-Darwin.dmg) contains a
    pkg file named "madlib-1.11-Darwin.pkg". Shouldn't it be called
    "apache-madlib-1.11-incubating-Darwin.pkg"?

    Similarly, the DMG base folder name is madlib-1.11.Darwin.

Mac Installer Package

o Introduction screen

  Observation:

  - The introduction screen identifies the product name as
    "MADlib". Shouldn't there be a mention of the project name being
    "Apache MADlib (Incubating)".

o Read Me screen

  Observation:

  - Similar to initial screen, there is no mention to the Apache
    project except for the link to the project's wiki.

o Remaining screens look reasonable (with exception of no Apache