madlib-user mailing list archives

From Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>
Subject Re: Multinomial Regression: Failed with a msg "Hessian or gradient is not finite."
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 08:32:15 GMT
>> > Do you have any chance to build the PostgreSQL binary from the source code by
yourself, and try it?

> It's still Failed.
> Same result with before. (Attached error log)
>
> [NG]  MADLib 1.10(binary that built from source by using gcc-5.4)
>          + PG 9.6(binary that built from source by using gcc-5.4)
>          + Ubuntu 16.04

Great findings. I guess we are reaching the root cause.

gcc-5.4 and/or some components which MADlib relies might have
some problem in the binary level.
I will try reproducing it on my box asap.

So, I guess, at least, we can avoid the segfault by using gcc-4.x.

Regards,
--
Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@uptime.jp>