The project was failing because the Postgresql installation was missing server header files, which are necessary to compile MADlib. I've sent a PR to your `check_madlib` repo that adds `apt-get` installation of the server headers.

Unfortunately, CMake gave a pretty poor error message for those missing files. I've created a JIRA asking to give a better message.