madlib-user mailing list archives

From Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation issues: Postgres version detection in madpack + password usage
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 16:50:48 GMT
Since Postgres was installed using the very standard (for Ubuntu) way
("sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.6"), pg_config is definitely in $PATH
and it works well:

ubuntu@box1629:~/check_madlib/incubator-madlib/build$ pg_config
BINDIR = /usr/lib/postgresql/9.6/bin
DOCDIR = /usr/share/doc/postgresql-doc-9.6
HTMLDIR = /usr/share/doc/postgresql-doc-9.6
INCLUDEDIR = /usr/include/postgresql
VERSION = PostgreSQL 9.6.1
ubuntu@box1629:~/check_madlib/incubator-madlib/build$ which pg_config
/usr/bin/pg_config

Tried to point it explicitly, also doesn't work:

ubuntu@box1629:~/check_madlib/incubator-madlib/build$ cmake
-DPOSTGRESQL_9_6_PG_CONFIG=/usr/bin/pg_config ..
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Could NOT find PostgreSQL_9_6 (missing:  POSTGRESQL_9_6_EXECUTABLE)

As I've already said, it's very simple to  reproduce this situation on
CircleCI -- just take my Github repo
https://github.com/NikolayS/check_madlib and add is a project at CircleCI
(Github account is needed), the "Rebuild with SSH" and they will give an
access to virtual host. Again, all steps to reproduce are shown here
https://github.com/NikolayS/check_madlib/blob/master/circle.yml.

If MADlib has some kind of CI and it checks building on Debian/Ubuntu, I
can try to create building example closer to it, showing this issue with
cmake and Postgres 9.6.