madlib-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Iyer <rahulri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation issues: Postgres version detection in madpack + password usage
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 23:52:32 GMT
Nikolay,

The CI resources are quite useful and we'll definitely look at it. Since
most of the MADlib contributors are working on a pending release, we might
not get to this soon.

To quickly eliminate trivial issues, could you also try `
-DPOSTGRESQL_9_6_PG_CONFIG=/usr/bin`?

Thanks,
Rahul

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since Postgres was installed using the very standard (for Ubuntu) way
> ("sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.6"), pg_config is definitely in $PATH
> and it works well:
>
> ubuntu@box1629:~/check_madlib/incubator-madlib/build$ pg_config
> BINDIR = /usr/lib/postgresql/9.6/bin
> DOCDIR = /usr/share/doc/postgresql-doc-9.6
> HTMLDIR = /usr/share/doc/postgresql-doc-9.6
> INCLUDEDIR = /usr/include/postgresql
> VERSION = PostgreSQL 9.6.1
> ubuntu@box1629:~/check_madlib/incubator-madlib/build$ which pg_config
> /usr/bin/pg_config
>

> Tried to point it explicitly, also doesn't work:
>
> ubuntu@box1629:~/check_madlib/incubator-madlib/build$ cmake
> -DPOSTGRESQL_9_6_PG_CONFIG=/usr/bin/pg_config ..
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.8.4
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.8.4
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
> -- Could NOT find PostgreSQL_9_6 (missing:  POSTGRESQL_9_6_EXECUTABLE)
>

> As I've already said, it's very simple to  reproduce this situation on
> CircleCI -- just take my Github repo https://github.com/
> NikolayS/check_madlib and add is a project at CircleCI (Github account is
> needed), the "Rebuild with SSH" and they will give an access to virtual
> host. Again, all steps to reproduce are shown here https://github.com/
> NikolayS/check_madlib/blob/master/circle.yml.
>
> If MADlib has some kind of CI and it checks building on Debian/Ubuntu, I
> can try to create building example closer to it, showing this issue with
> cmake and Postgres 9.6.
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 8:18 AM, Rahul Iyer <rahulriyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> To ensure it finds postgres either:
>>
>> add `-DPOSTGRESQL_9_6_PG_CONFIG=/path/to/pg_config' with the `cmake ...`
>> command
>> or
>> ensure the postgresql bin directory is in your $PATH
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Nikolay Samokhvalov <
>> samokhvalov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You're right:
>>>
>>>    -- Could NOT find PostgreSQL (missing: POSTGRESQL_EXECUTABLE)
>>>
>>> Full output: https://circleci.com/gh/NikolayS/check_madlib/7

PostgreSQL 9.6