madlib-user mailing list archives

From Ed Espino <esp...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.10-rc1
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 19:58:50 GMT
A few MADlib v1.10-rc1 observations from a HAWQ incubator committer.

   - The Copyright year (2016) in the NOTICE file needs to be updated to
   2017. I believe this can be handled in next release.
   - As it still applies, similar to a past comment by Roman ([VOTE] MADlib
   v1.9.1-rc2
   <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/981b4c24eaa2ab069b8e18f7aa4bddc7a78d3a9dc26bf659af94fcfe@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E>)
   - *"* name of the top level folder in the archive is weird. The usual
   practice is to call the top level folder as <project name>-<version ID>*"*
    (example: *apache-madlib-src-1.10-incubating* instead of
   *incubator-madlib*)
   - I'm more curious than anything. Why did Orhan sign the release? I was
   expecting the release manager (Satoshi Nagayasu) to have signed the release.
   - Checksums and PGP signature are good.
   -  ASF headers check: I spot checked files added (git whatchanged
   --diff-filter=A) since the last release. ASF headers look good.  Nice Job!

I was going to try and build but I ran past my allotted time limit for this
review. Hopefully, I can try this soon.

Regards,
-=ed espino

*espino@apache.org <espino@apache.org>*