madlib-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.10-rc1
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 05:09:48 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@uptime.jp> wrote:
> Hello MADlib community,
>
> We have created a MADlib 1.10 RC-1, with the artifacts below up for a vote.
>
> This will be the 4th release for Apache MADlib (incubating).
>
> The main goals of this release are:
> * new modules (single source shortest path for graph analytics, encode
> categorical variables, K-nearest neighbors)
> * improvements to existing modules (add grouping support to elastic
> net and PCA, add cross validation to elastic net, array input for
> K-means, verbose output option for DT and RF, limit itemset size in
> association rules, various madpack installer improvements)
> * platform updates (PostgreSQL 9.6)
> * bug fixes
> * doc improvements
>
> For more information including release notes, please see:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.10
>
> *** Please download, review and vote by Sat Feb 18, 2017 @ 6pm PST ***
>
> We're voting upon the source (tag):  rc/1.10.0-rc1
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/tree/rc/1.10.0-rc1
>
> Source Files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/1.10.0-incubating-rc1/
>
> Commit to be voted upon:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/commit/ea17530bfe22a1fde173d7fa83508cbcd9924c20
>
> KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/KEYS
>
> To help in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
> indicate "(binding)" with their vote.
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>
> --
> Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@uptime.jp>

I'm afraid, I'll have to be -1

It seems that the following files were not a straight rename:

src/ports/postgres/modules/utilities/data_preparation.py_in  ->
src/ports/postgres/modules/utilities/create_indicators.py_in
src/ports/postgres/modules/utilities/data_preparation.sql_in  ->
src/ports/postgres/modules/utilities/create_indicators.sql_in

but in fact were modified quite a bit. As such we should really treat those
as new work that is now licensed under the ALv2 and requires ALv2
license header.

I know this dual situation with BSD/ALv2 is not ideal and I'm trying to
resolve it for us once and for all so we don't have to worry about things
like this one:

Since we'll have to do a re-spin, I'd like to also suggest that we take
care of the nits in Ed's feedback.

Hope this is OK with Satoshi.

Thanks,
Roman.