madlib-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Iyer <ri...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: MADlib's Random Forest Classification and Regression Example
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 23:44:56 GMT
Hello Nurur,

I tried reproducing your error on an existing HAWQ 1.3.0.0 installation
with a new database and was unable to do so (see attached log for
successful query results).

It's possible something is corrupted in the database you're using. Was the
madlib schema previously dropped in your database? Would it be possible for
you to test this again on a fresh database?

Best,
Rahul

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Nurur Rahman <nurur_rahman@glic.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am going through Random Forest example given in MADlib's User
> Documentation:
>

> http://madlib.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/group__grp__random__forest.html#examples
>

> In both cases when I run “SELECT madlib.forest_train( … … )” exactly as it
> is shown in
>
> steps 1 and 2 in the example page, I get the following error:
>

> ERROR:  plpy.SPIError: Function
> "madlib._dt_apply(madlib.bytea8,madlib.bytea8,madlib.bytea8,smallint,smallint,smallint,boolean,integer)":
> Invalid type conversion. Simple type supplied but backend expects composite
> type. (plpython.c:4648)
>
> CONTEXT:  Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   PL/Python function "forest_train", line 39, in <module>
>
>     sample_ratio
>
>   PL/Python function "forest_train", line 553, in forest_train
>
>   PL/Python function "forest_train", line 2192, in _tree_train_using_bins
>
>   PL/Python function "forest_train", line 1162, in _one_step
>
> PL/Python function "forest_train"
>

> Relevant Info:
>
> "PostgreSQL 8.2.15
>
> (Greenplum Database 4.2.0 build 1)
>
> (HAWQ 1.3.0.0 build 12954)
>

> "MADlib version: 1.9, git revision: rc/v1.9-rc1
>

> Can anyone please explain what the reasons behind this error message? Your
> help will be appreciated.
>

> Thanks.
>
> Nurur
>
> ------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------- This message, and any
> attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the
> reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that
> any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this
> message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
> please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
> message and any attachments. Thank you.

Rahul Iyer
Principal software engineer | Predictive Analytics

*Pivotal**A new platform for a new era*