From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject Lucene.NET is participating in Hacktoberfest 2020
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2020 04:25:18 GMT
Hi Lucene.NET fans!

[Hacktoberfest](https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/) is well under way so we thought we'd
send out some details on how to get involved.
[Digital Ocean](https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/) is sponsoring an event where if you
make four valid pull requests (PRs) to any participating public GitHub repositories between
October 1-31 (in any time zone) they'll send you some swag. The Lucene.NET repository is taking
part and is tagged and ready for Hacktoberfest with [a bunch of up-for-grabs](https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Aup-for-grabs)
tasks available, many of which are quick and easy.

We have recently set up a nightly build (https://dev.azure.com/lucene-net/Lucene.NET/_build?definitionId=4&_a=summary).
There are a few tests that fail under certain conditions/platforms that we would be grateful
for assistance with (https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/issues/269).

You can read more about Hacktoberfest here https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/. There's
still plenty of time left, but keep in mind the deadline for participation is October 31,
2020.

We understand that not everyone has the bandwidth to contribute their time to Lucene.NET.
You can still make a difference by sponsoring us to continue providing future releases of
Lucene.NET through the GitHub Sponsors program:

https://github.com/sponsors/NightOwl888
https://github.com/sponsors/Shazwazza

These programs are not officially affiliated with the Lucene.NET project or the Apache Software
Foundation, but aim to support endeavors related to Lucene.NET as well as some other great
open source projects.

Happy hacking!
Shad Storhaug
Project Chairperson - Apache Lucene.NET