From Raj R <rajsekhar....@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene 4.8 with NCache
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2020 10:08:29 GMT
Hi,

We are working in a project where we are using the stable version of Lucene
3.0.3
We are planning to implement a distributed architecture for Lucene
Indexing.  For this, we planned to use NCache and in their site, we found
that NCache is using the 4.8 version of Lucene.

https://www.alachisoft.com/resources/docs/ncache/prog-guide/lucene-ncache.html

But we do not see a stable release of 4.8 and it is still in Beta.

https://lucenenet.apache.org/download/download.html
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://lucenenet.apache.org/download/download.html&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1587200809600000&usg=AFQjCNGArcQFmhRr186IWw9UY8OK6I9l5A>

I would appreciate it if the following questions are clarified.

   1. Is there a stable version of 4.8 available?
   2. When will this be available?
   3. Shall we go ahead with NCache and use Lucene 4.8 beta for Production
   deployment?

Thanks & Regards,
Raj