From Anup Kumar V <anup.ku...@inapp.com.INVALID>
Subject Latest Lucene Version
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2020 09:18:22 GMT
Hi,

We are working on a project where we are planning to implement a
distributed architecture using Lucene. For this, we planned to use NCache
and in their site, we found that NCache is using the 4.8 version of Lucene.

https://www.alachisoft.com/resources/docs/ncache/prog-guide/lucene-ncache.html

But we do not see a stable release of 4.8 and it is still in Beta.

https://lucenenet.apache.org/download/download.html
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://lucenenet.apache.org/download/download.html&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1587200809600000&usg=AFQjCNGArcQFmhRr186IWw9UY8OK6I9l5A>

I would appreciate it if the following questions are clarified.

   1. Is there a stable version of 4.8 available?
   2. When will this be available?
   3. Shall we go ahead with NCache and use Lucene 4.8 beta for Production
   deployment?

Thanks,
Anup Kumar V
Principal Systems Analyst

*InApp Information Technologies*
121-Nila, Technopark, Trivandrum, India
Phone: +91 (471) 2527270; Mobile: +91 9447525263