From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: JIRA and API Docs
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2019 09:36:49 GMT
I was looking into how that worked some time back and it seems the .cgi file contains the functionality
to switch between download mirrors + templates for customizing the layout. Technically, we
shouldn't be linking to https://www.apache.org/dist because we are supposed to remove the
files from there after they are cached by the download mirrors. And the .cgi is setup to default
to the closest download mirror to the user, etc. One thing that occurred to me was that it
might be possible to use the .cgi as a sort of "web api" just to get the download mirror list,
and then use JavaScript to make a static HTML download page dynamic on an entirely different
domain.

I don't know much about .cgi. Is there a chance that we can just transfer those files over
to the current host and get them working? Or would a better option be to try to get the old
website live (on another domain perhaps?) so we can utilize it there?

-----Original Message-----
From: Shannon Deminick <shannon@umbraco.dk>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 2:18 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: JIRA and API Docs

If we could have the old docs for both 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 hosted like they used to be on their
servers - so that things like download.cgi still worked, that would be great. But to have
only these docs hosted on another server on the same domain as the current site (i.e.
http://lucenenet.apache.org/docs/3.0.3/Index.html +
http://lucenenet.apache.org/docs/2.9.4/Index.html) that would mean we'd probably have to have
some html page redirects to another (new) sub domain like docs.lucenenet.apache.org ?

Otherwise, I could put the old static docs in the docs repo/site so they would just be hosted
there. Would mean I'd need to change the links for the download.cgi page and update that page
to be static like we have now.