From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: Greetings
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2019 20:36:04 GMT
Ron,

Sounds good. Please let me know if there is anything that is unclear, and I will try to clarify.

If what you are looking for is a small task to do a trial run, an item that isn't listed on
JIRA is to make a cross-OS version of build.bat, which is just a wrapper around a PowerShell
build script. The fact that it is a .bat file is the only thing holding us back from being
able to build with simple command line options on non-Windows platforms. Essentially all build.bat
does is define a few parameters with an optional value (https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/blob/master/README.md#build-options)
that can be entered in any order and then uses them to launch the PowerShell build script.
Ideally, a user would be able to enter the same commands on any OS in order to start the build.

If you already have the skill set to do this, it should be quick and simple. If not, there
isn't a lot of research involved to get it done, as the script isn't very complicated. Either
way, it is a small investment of time that you can use to broaden your understanding of how
to contribute.

Regards,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)
Project Chairperson - Lucene.NET

-----Original Message-----
From: RonClabo@GiftOasis.com <RonClabo@GiftOasis.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:12 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: RE: Greetings

Shad,

Thank you for the kind invitation to contribute and links to where the open issues are listed.
 I have found Lucene.Net so useful that contributing has crossed my mind.  I will look over
the issues list and see if there is something small I can tackle where I can learn the process
of contributing.
Once I better understand how to contribute and the related process, I may tackle some larger
issues.

Cheers,

-Ron