From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: Greetings
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2019 05:38:42 GMT
Rob,

Thank you. While high praise is certainly welcome and appreciated, the best way to thank us
is to provide a contribution.

Based on feedback from users who "want to help, but don't know where to start", one of the
things I have been working on is posting several issues in JIRA and at ICU4N (our largest
dependency) that are marked "up-for-grabs".

Lucene.NET: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LUCENENET
ICU4N: https://github.com/NightOwl888/ICU4N/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22up+for+grabs%22

There are many tasks available ranging from about 30 minutes of work to 150 hours, but working
any of these issues regardless of how little or how much effort it takes would be highly appreciated.

The focus now is on getting Lucene.NET 4.8.0 into production, which means there are a several
low priority "could haves" that probably won't be done unless someone contributes them, some
of which I think would be interesting and fun little projects.

Regards,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)
Project Chairperson - Lucene.NET

-----Original Message-----
From: RonClabo@GiftOasis.com <RonClabo@GiftOasis.com>
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 7:18 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Greetings

Hi Lucene Devs,

My name is Ron Clabo and I just discovered Lucene.Net about 3 months ago.
I've been working to understand Lucene and integrate it into an ecommerce marketplace platform
I'm working on.  I find that the Lucene codebase is quite wonderful and the fact that the
project strives to be a line for line port of Java Lucene means that as a new Lucene developer
I have both the Lucene.net docs and the Java Lucene docs to turn to.  Awesome!

I'd like to thank all the devs that have put time into making Lucene.Net possible and I would
like to especially thank Shad Storhaug who has done such an enormous about of the work and
currently who is working to get this project back on track.  Thank you Shad Storhaug!

Best,

-Ron Clabo

Chapel Hill, NC USA