From <RonCl...@GiftOasis.com>
Subject RE: Greetings
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2019 13:12:16 GMT
Shad,

Thank you for the kind invitation to contribute and links to where the open
issues are listed.  I have found Lucene.Net so useful that contributing has
crossed my mind.  I will look over the issues list and see if there is
something small I can tackle where I can learn the process of contributing.
Once I better understand how to contribute and the related process, I may
tackle some larger issues.

Cheers,

-Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Shad Storhaug [mailto:shad@shadstorhaug.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2019 1:39 AM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: RE: Greetings

Rob,

Thank you. While high praise is certainly welcome and appreciated, the best
way to thank us is to provide a contribution.

Based on feedback from users who "want to help, but don't know where to
start", one of the things I have been working on is posting several issues
in JIRA and at ICU4N (our largest dependency) that are marked
"up-for-grabs".

Lucene.NET: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LUCENENET
ICU4N:
https://github.com/NightOwl888/ICU4N/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%
22up+for+grabs%22

There are many tasks available ranging from about 30 minutes of work to 150
hours, but working any of these issues regardless of how little or how much
effort it takes would be highly appreciated.

The focus now is on getting Lucene.NET 4.8.0 into production, which means
there are a several low priority "could haves" that probably won't be done
unless someone contributes them, some of which I think would be interesting
and fun little projects.

Regards,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)
Project Chairperson - Lucene.NET