From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: Build error on LuceneDocsPlugin: target "pack" does not exist
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2019 20:37:01 GMT
Aaron,

The Lucene.Net.Tests project has ~3400 tests in it. What I am seeing on the command line is
a fatal crash followed by a report with significantly fewer tests included in it. But it is
inconsistent - sometimes it will fail after about 900 tests and other times it will fail after
about 2900.

So far, I have gone back to the last release tag, pinned to the last known SDK that was used
in global.json (which was 2.0.3), and found that the test run seems to complete there. It
also completed with a newer SDK on that commit.

Going forward to the HEAD of master, the test run for .netcoreapp2.0 fails on the 2.0.3 SDK.
I am still hunting for the commit that causes the difference, but there doesn't seem to be
very many commits between those points that changed any code.

The failure is really obvious if you run them in Visual Studio 2017. The status bar at the
bottom will indicate an unhandled exception, and if you check the Test Output you can see
the message:

[7/9/2019 1:23:16 AM Error] The active Tests Run was aborted.

Unfortunately, there usually isn't anything helpful in there indicating which test caused
the crash. Going forward, I am happy to see there is a --blame switch on the SDK which should
help for this, but for the moment I am trying to rule out variables by sticking with the last
known SDK that works.

Thanks,
Shad