From Laimonas Simutis <lai...@gmail.com>
Subject New website launch
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:54:09 GMT
Hello,

We are just about ready to merge Shannon's PR for the new website into the
new site repo. You can take a look at the PR here:
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet-site/pull/1 and the site itself here:
https://lucenenetsite.azurewebsites.net

Having an updated site will bring in a more modern look as well as give us
a place where we can quickly and conveniently update current status,
contributing, and other sections.

Big shout out to Shannon for all the work, and Shad who initially guided
Shannon through the site needs.

I am going to open a ticket with Apache Infra asking to update
https://lucenenet.apache.org to be based on the git repo. Let's hope my
lack of PMC group status will not interfere with the request

Please let us know if there are any objections. If there are things that we
want to adjust, we can go through a PR process and iterate since publishing
will be a matter of merging a branch on github.

Laimonas