From Prescott Nasser <prescott.nas...@hotmail.com>
Subject [REPORT] Lucene.Net - February 2019
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 16:05:10 GMT
Apache Lucene.Net is a port of the Lucene search engine library, written in C#
and targeted at .NET runtime users.

== Summary ==

We had stalled in the second half of 2018, with several board members
attempting to reach out to figure out status, and several board reports
missing, there were several calls and questions regarding moving to the attic.

It seems in early January an email to the dev mailing list generated activity,
after the private pmc mailing list seemed to have gone radio silent. There has
been vocal support on the dev@ mailing list and a flurry of activity.

* Several members have stepped up to work on cleaning up JIRA
 - 1 JIRA ticket fixed
 - 1 PR opened to improve merge stability
* We have a new website design/repo in the works
 - https://lucenenetsite.azurewebsites.net/
 - https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/206
* We're working on bringing our TeamCity CI Servers back online and reporting
* We've a community member at MSFT voice their support for the general
  stability of 4.8.0-beta0005 in their projects, and is investingating their
  ability to contribute

We need to run a roll call at the PMC to see who is still around and possibly
add new members and new committers.

== Releases ==

* Last Release 3.0.3 - Oct 2012
* Working toward 4.8.0 - Currently beta0005, which has been out for some time

== Board Questions ==

"Missing Reports" (I'm not sure anyone explicitly asked this). As mentioned
 above, my time has been extremely limited, and we are looking to rotate our
 VP, but as of yet have had no takers. Stefan Bodewig suggests we might need
 to look towards the attic - which I believe would be unfortunate, but may be
 the reality.

== People ==

* Last PMC Member Added, Paul Irwin, October 2013
* Last committer added Sept 2016, Shad Storhaug (nightowl888)
* PMC Chair rotated 20 June 2018 to Shad Storhaug (nightowl888)

== Statistics ==

As of 2019.02.01 Metric are as follows:

Release 3.0.3
* Lucene.Net 3.0.3: 1,757,023 (Jan 2018 - 880,370)
* Lucene.Net.Contrib 3.0.3: 370229 (Jan 2018 - 202,988)
* Lucene.Net Contrib Spatial: 26483 (Jan 2018 - 17,182)
* Lucene.Net Contrib Spatial.NTS: 5697 (Jan 2018 - 2,6909)

Beta 4.8.0-beta00005 (Published 10/24/2017)
* Lucene.Net: 72395
* Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common: 64981
* Lucene.Net.Analysis.Kuromoji: 2240
* Lucene.Net.Analysis.Phonetic: 561