From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Anybody home?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2019 09:07:50 GMT
I have been dis-engaged since stepping down as PMC Chair... the board is absolutely casting
a wide net to see if there is any activity present.

We had teamcity for open source set up at one time - http://teamcity.codebetter.com/viewLog.html?buildId=177083&
- a link I pulled out of some old emails, but there have been changes to teamcity infrastructure
and I don't know if that integration still lives or how it works anymore. I think Wyatt Barnett
set it up... if you're still lurking Wyatt..

Those websites do look great, I wish we got them live

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Svensson <sisve@devhost.se>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 12:43 AM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: Anybody home?

Hi,

I think that the new website looks awesome.

I'm unsure about cc'ing the board; mostly because I am a lurker without that much experience
of the Apache way. I was also a bit surprised to see that original message in dev@, but it
could just been a wide net to try and contact anyone. (It was also sent to private@.)

I totally agree with you, Shannon, about the "problems with this project is not knowing where
to start, what needs to be done, etc..."

Regarding the unit tests; several of them fail for me. It took me a while to figure out that
I need to run the tests in release mode (not debug mode), but there are still some failing
tests. There's also a setting in Resharper (under Tools > Unit Testing > General) that
allows me to skip tests in the LongRunningTest category.

Some fails because of a hardcoded `fail("LUCENENET TODO: Uncaught exceptions on background
thread causing test runner crash");` which is wrapped in a `#IF NETCOREAPP2_0`, but I do not
know how to run the tests as something else. Is there another build configuration than the
one available per default in Visual Studio? Or are these tests that needs to be fixed? There
are some other failures for me too, and I'll see if I can start looking into them.

Is there a CI server somewhere that runs the tests in different configurations and can give
us reports on how it's going?

// Simon Svensson