From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: New website - steps to get this launched
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2019 18:40:36 GMT
I think what we'll want to do is create a branch in our repo that is specifically for the website
(they recommend "asf-site" as the branch. This assumes the new site can be compiled into static
files via buildbot / Jenkins, if not we probably have to pre-process so that what is committed
to git is what can go through buildbot/Jenkins or is already static.

I'm not familiar with the new site or how it's built, but if that all works, we should create
that branch (or someone can create a PR and one of the committers can merge it) and then we
should open a ticket with infrastructure team to finalize the configuration.

I can help with merging a PR, or opening the ticket with infra if someone can get it to that
stage

-----Original Message-----
From: Laimonas Simutis <laimis@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 6:09 AM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: New website - steps to get this launched

This seems to have some good info:

https://www.apache.org/dev/project-site

I should have time to review and get back with more info in case no one else gets to it first.

It seems that it's a matter of generating static files and placing it in the appropriate location
in the repo so that apache servers can pick it up.

Some of the trickier bits like downloads cgi, we can point to nuget for beta and the old downloads.cgi
page for older bits until we get that straightened out.

We can worry automating this as we go, let's get the site updated with manual generation if
we have to and iterate on that.

Shannon, once I setup my lucene env and reorient with the docs and repo migration that just
happened, I can merge your PR. I just want to make sure we got the git locations right after
the migration.

Laimonas