From Aaron Meyers <Aaron.Mey...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Anybody home?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2019 07:21:12 GMT
There was a thread about ICU back in June/July of last year between Shad and a newcomer named
Xiaokang.
I don't know if there's any easy way to search the message archives for things like this?
I can forward it if it helps.

To summarize briefly, Shad has mentioned in the past that ICU is one of the major pieces of
unfinished work that he considered necessary for moving 4.8 to release. The current code has
been using icu.net, which is a C# wrapper over the C++ implementation of ICU, but Shad had
been working on ICU4N, a new C# port of ICU4J from Java. He was hoping to convert Lucene.Net
over to using this new ICU4N to provide ICU functionality and also to make ICU4N a standalone
project to provide complete Unicode support to .NET.

I think the current state of ICU4N is Shad's repo on GitHub: https://github.com/NightOwl888/ICU4N

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Svensson <sisve@devhost.se>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:54 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: Anybody home?

Hi,

That TeamCity page really helps in getting an overview what currently fails. It's a bit weird
that a build with failing tests get a green checkmark, but I've done PHP for the last few
years so "a bit weird" is my new black.

I've sent a PR on GitHub for two of the failing tests on .NET Standard
2.0 (which will probably also fix things in .NET Framework 4.5.1). I'm focusing on .NET Standard
2.0 because that's what I ended up with when I used Resharper's test runner in Visual Studio
2017. How do people execute the tests locally for other targets?

Ref: https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Flucenenet%2Fpull%2F218&amp;data=02%7C01%7CAaron.Meyers%40microsoft.com%7Ce9166f7c129c4993ae6408d67d11b810%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C1%7C636833912401660691&amp;sdata=hScGbcW0ZYDWEM2yPaxX%2Fvy3hds8xLYFeQTkRtMlc4o%3D&amp;reserved=0

I'll look into the other failing tests for .NET Standard 2.0 during the day. There's some
failing tests regarding the ICU, but I have a weird feeling in the back of my head that the
ICU has been the focus for a lot of discussions and there was some porting work, or something,
going on here. Anyone know what the state of the ICU stuff is?

// Simon Svensson