From Shannon Deminick <shan...@umbraco.dk>
Subject New website - steps to get this launched
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2019 00:06:18 GMT
Hi all,

Revisiting this new website (and docs stuff) based on the last thread
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/22c097a7c6eee169dfc80dbb1fc433c026b1806f825a599dcf426ed3@%3Cdev.lucenenet.apache.org%3E

Seems the consensus is to try to get this new site launched as a start to
try to promote a bit more development for this project.

I've updated the GH PR with a task list for both the website and docs
including links, etc... : https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/206

(I should prob split the PR into 2 - one for website and one for docs, but
can do that later)

Most of the website tasks are very easy and is just filling in content but
there are some interesting ones about hosting, branding, download CGI page
(whether this is a strict requirement or not)

Anyone have experience with the apache project site hosting, and
specifically using *gitpubsub* (since that seems to be the simplest way to
host this) and how we can make the switch from what we have currently to
this new site?

Anyone feel like figuring out what branding policies need to be
updated/fixed with the new site?

Let me know if you have other comments about that task list