From Shannon Deminick <shan...@umbraco.dk>
Subject Re: Anybody home?
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2019 23:36:27 GMT
Hi all,

Last year I had worked on getting the docs website generated for 4.8 along
with a new shiny website for the Lucene.Net project. Both are mostly done
but Shad seems to have disappeared and I'm unsure how to get access to push
some of these things.

I think one of the biggest problems with this project is not knowing where
to start, what needs to be done, etc... there's a barrier to entry unless
you've been heavily involved with this project already. A lot of this
information is buried in these email lists or on some hidden page of a wiki
somewhere.

Here was the new website format: https://lucenenetsite.azurewebsites.net/
and the new docs format: https://lucenenetdocs.azurewebsites.net/

They are not 100% done but not far too go. I do want to keep working on
these and get them live (time isn't on my side recently though). The PR for
this work is here https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/206 and
the remaining work is really getting the download page to use the CGI page
with checksums (would need the source for that current page
https://lucenenet.apache.org/download.cgi) , to update the Contribution
page to clearly state what remaining work there is on 4.8 and a link to the
old (current) website.

I'd be happy to send the reports needed to apache but don't entirely know
what needs to be done there. Also the Rich Bowen above mentions that we
should be cc'ing  board@apache.org  on this discussion?