From Laimonas Simutis <lai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anybody home?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2019 18:11:12 GMT
We are still here and trying to see what it will take to regroup and get
the activity going. It's been silent but Lucene.net activity is still there
and we are incredibly close to having 4.8 finished.

Here are the steps we are discussing:

- what's left to release the updated website that has 4.8 info as well as
an updated look. New site might help to attract more contributors as well
as provide more up to date information
- review of nuget stats, the 4.8 beta 5 has ~10k downloads in the last six
weeks
- reviewing JIRA issues filed against 4.8 beta to see if there are any
critical issues that need to be addressed for the final release
- discussing who is around to help to contribute, so far we have seven
responders (since yesterday).

Our best case scenario is that we will deliver the report this February and
make progress with the deployment of the new website.

Laimonas