From Laimonas Simutis <lai...@gmail.com>
Subject Update on dev happenings
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 13:14:25 GMT
Hello there,

A quick note on what was discovered/done this past week while getting
things back up and running.

- Simon's fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-597 was
merged
- lucenenet-site repo is up where we will commit the website code
- old/irrelevant JIRA tickets cleaned up (more cleanup coming)

Next:

- working on getting the TeamCity builds going so that we could verify with
more confidence another of Simon's fixes (
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/218), and in general get the
feedback from builds flowing to have more confidence on the 4.8 stability.
- work with Shannon to get his PR for the website merged into the site
repo, hopefully, we hear from him soon.
- clean up CONTRIBUTE.md so it's very clear what sort of next tasks are
outstanding

Also, if you have time, take a look at the comment Shad made in this ticket
(comment highlighted):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-601?focusedCommentId=16465234.
I think that's a very good overview of where we are at with 4.8. Short
version: if we decide to go without fully ICU working bits, we could
potentially release 4.8. But that's a discussion for a separate thread.

Have a great Friday everyone,

Laimonas