From Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>
Subject Current state of Jira and ".net-ification"
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2019 14:30:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking at some Jira issues, focusing on the bugs affecting 4.8.

LUCENENET-605 is asking to implement ArgumentNullException instead of
letting null values become NullReferenceException. The current behavior
matches the Java behavior.

LUCENENET-600 is about the number of first-chance exceptions. This
sounds like another .NET-ification.

About the .NET-ification; is this something we're doing for 4.8?

LUCENENET-598 is the same as LUCENE-6001, which was fixed in Lucene
4.10. Am I correct in thinking that we do not fix this issue since the
same problem exists in Lucene's 4.8?

There are three unreleased versions in Jira which I believe we can
archive; 3.6, 4.0 and 5.0 PCL. Archiving these means that they can no
longer be selected when new bugs are reported. Do we still have any
purpose for having these selectable when new issues are filed?

--
// Simon Svensson