From Rob Vesse <rve...@dotnetrdf.org>
Subject Re: Streamlining website, docs & getting started
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 09:56:26 GMT
New site design looks great

One important correction, the contributing page currently says the following:

   Individual Contributor License - We need this to accept any code you submit

This is wrong! Apache only requires ICLAs from committers who have write access to Apache
repositories, contributors can submit ICLAs but these are not required by the foundation.
 Contributions are explicitly covered by Clause 5 of the Apache License [1]:

   Unless You explicitly state otherwise, any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion
in the Work by You to the Licensor shall be under the
   terms and conditions of this License, without any additional terms or conditions. Notwithstanding
the above, nothing herein shall supersede or
   modify the terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed with Licensor
regarding such Contributions.

It is pretty clear that a Pull Request meets the definition of "intentionally submitted for
inclusion".  Please do not put unnecessary barriers in front of new contributors as this will
only put them off!  You want to make it as easy as possible for new people to start contributing
to Lucene.Net

Rob

[1]: https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html#contributions