From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF Board Report for Lucene.Net - Repeated Reminder for May 2018
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2018 16:17:00 GMT
On 2018-04-23, Phil Steitz wrote:

> As projects mature, they will naturally reach a point where activity reduces
> to a level that the project is no longer sustainable. At Apache, projects
> reach this stage when there are no longer 3 active PMC members providing
> oversight.

I've been lucky enough to be a mentor of Lucene.NET while it was part of
the incubator for the second time and have been hanging around since
then - not contributing any code.

Given the development activity of the past months, or lack thereof I am
afraid we may be heading to the Attic. While I believe we'd still be
able to get three PMC members to vote on anything, I don't believe we'll
find somebody to actually fix bugs or cut a release.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

Stefan