From juliya james <juliy...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>
Subject Readiness of Lucene .Net 4.8.0 for usage in Production
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2018 10:16:31 GMT
Hi,
We are using Lucene .Net 3.0.3 in our application as the backend for search functionality
and it is in market for some years.
Now, we are looking for ways to reduce the index size significantly. Upgrading to newer version
of Lucene .Net is an option in front of us, since the measurements we have taken shows that,
index size is much lesser with Lucene .Net 4.8.0-beta00005 compared to that of Lucene .Net
3.0.3.
Hence, we would like to understand a bit more on: 1. How far is Lucene .Net 4.8.0-beta00005 away
from the state where it could be used productively? Are there any release plans already?2.
What are the known open issues (e.g. missing features, bugs) which are yet to be addressed?

Thanks & Regards,Juliya