From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: NullReferenceException in DrillSideways.Search
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2017 10:34:18 GMT
Harold,

Thanks for the report.

I took a look and it seems the ReqExclScorer requires a scorer to be passed and it is initially
invalid until NextDoc() is called. See https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/blob/a3a12967b250e8e7e5f623f0ba7572ec64f479ac/src/Lucene.Net/Search/ReqExclScorer.cs#L115

Other than that I can't tell you much without seeing a code sample that can be executed to
determine exactly why the error is happening and whether this is a bug or by design.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)

-----Original Message-----
From: Harold Harkema [mailto:harold.harkema@embracesbs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 5:04 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: NullReferenceException in DrillSideways.Search

Hi,

We have converted our 3.0.3 solution to Lucene 4.8.0-beta00005. Most of it works fine and
a lot better/faster! Thanks for the good work!

However we have an issue with DrillSideways.Search.
Is this a known issue or could it be our code?
Or any suggestions where to look or how to troubleshoot this?

This is part of the stacktrace. The rest of the stacktrace is only our code.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Lucene.Net.Search.ReqExclScorer.GetCost() in C:\BuildAgent\work\b1b63ca15b99dddb\src\Lucene.Net\Search\ReqExclScorer.cs:line
148
   at Lucene.Net.Facet.DrillSidewaysScorer.Score(ICollector collector, Int32 maxDoc) in C:\BuildAgent\work\b1b63ca15b99dddb\src\Lucene.Net.Facet\DrillSidewaysScorer.cs:line
139
   at Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher.Search(IList`1 leaves, Weight weight, ICollector collector)
in C:\BuildAgent\work\b1b63ca15b99dddb\src\Lucene.Net\Search\IndexSearcher.cs:line 649
   at Lucene.Net.Facet.DrillSideways.Search(DrillDownQuery query, ICollector hitCollector)
in C:\BuildAgent\work\b1b63ca15b99dddb\src\Lucene.Net.Facet\DrillSideways.cs:line 194
   at Lucene.Net.Facet.DrillSideways.Search(ScoreDoc after, DrillDownQuery query, Int32 topN)
in C:\BuildAgent\work\b1b63ca15b99dddb\src\Lucene.Net.Facet\DrillSideways.cs:line 249

Harold