From "Roethinger, Alexander" <aroethin...@affili.net>
Subject AW: Possible Issue with DoubleField
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2017 10:40:19 GMT
Hi Shad,

thanks for getting back to me.

Regarding the casting:

Using your extension solves the issue of not having to cast IIndexableField
to Field.
Nevertheless, I still need to cast FieldType in order to access the
.NumericType value.
Probably for the same reason as FieldType is of type IIndexableFieldType.

Here's an example of what I mean

This works:
var field = doc.GetField<Field>(fieldName);
//need to do this cast in order to access the .NumericType property
var fieldType = (FieldType)field.FieldType;
Console.WriteLine("Numreric: {0}", fieldType.NumericType);

This fails:
var field = doc.GetField<Field>(fieldName);
//trying to access the Field.FieldType.NumericType property fails (
Console.WriteLine("Numreric: {0}", field.FieldType.NumericType);
// -> " IIndexableFieldType does not contain a definition for NumericType"

It's not a major issue and esay to get around, but does feel strange from a
usage perspective.
One could probably solve this by using a similar extension method for
retrieving the FieldType (which does the casting).

Now regarding the Double/Single issue:
Sorry for being unclear. I had added the unittest after upgrading.
But in the meantime I reverted the sample code back to v4.8.0.770 and it
shows the same behavior:
a) The StringValue does not properly represent the NumericValue.
b) FieldType properties on searching are not the same as during indexing.

The later point applies to any type of field.
Am I missing something here? Shouldn't the FieldType properties represent
the values as they were set dung indexing?
The sample code illustrates both issues.

Kind regards
Alexander

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----