From George Kinsman <geo...@georgekinsman.com>
Subject Re: Mailing List Documentation
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 06:19:39 GMT
Thanks Shad, great list there. I'd be happy to work on a new public site/design/icon this weekend
- would this be the appropriate forum to post ideas/progress, or perhaps a github issue/new
repo? The DocFX docs look great too, it'd be great to host them alongside/inside a new site.

Also as an aside (perhaps not the right thread for this), but I'm interested in porting the
TermFrequencyAttribute (patch here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7854) from
Lucene 7 in order to customise the method of obtaining the term frequency at index time. It
looks like the building blocks for this already exist in Lucene.Net 4.8, so I might try and
spend a little time spiking out the idea if there are no objections.

________________________________
From: Shad Storhaug <shad@shadstorhaug.com>
Sent: 07 July 2017 14:56
To: george@georgekinsman.com
Cc: dev@lucenenet.apache.org

> I'd be willing to help out with this in whatever form. Since this project is an Apache
one, does that preclude it from using something other than apache hosted docs? Something a
little more user friendly like ReadMe (ReadMe.io) or ReadTheDocs might be useful? (ReadTheDocs.io).
Both have free open source licenses/allowances - a great example of readme is here: https://docs.getseq.net/docs.

George, there is a (not so exhaustive) list of ideas of things to work on here (https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#other-ways-to-help).
Also see the 2 sections above for additional things that can be done to help.

That's a good question - it's been a while. Stefan do you recall the rules around this?

I also am unfamiliar with those services, but would they support the effort underway for DocFX?
I think DocFX outputs some nice HTML which should be pretty easy for us to host at apache