From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Mailing List Documentation
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 20:35:25 GMT
I couldn't for the life of me remember (or find out) how to get you permissions. So I filed
a ticket with INFRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/agent/INFRA/issue/INFRA-14530).

Definitely need to update all of our documentation and website. I'm not a web designer - but
I can help any community member who is and who wants to help us revamp our web presence? I'm
following the progress on this PR https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/206, which I think
will solve our documentation issues. Just need to get a lot of people writing up samples on
how to get started using Lucene and different features

-----Original Message-----
From: Shad Storhaug [mailto:shad@shadstorhaug.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 6, 2017 1:13 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org

Hello,

We received a complaint (https://github.com/synhershko/LuceneNetDemo/issues/3#issuecomment-307391518)
from someone who wanted to contribute, but couldn't figure out how to sign up for the dev
list because (apparently) the WIKI documentation isn't clear enough (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENENET/Mailing+Lists).
He tried to signup using the *actual* email listed on the page (list-subscribe@lucenenet.apache.org<mailto:list-subscribe@lucenenet.apache.org>)
and it bounced.

He also made mention of our out of date documentation on the web site and WIKI pages.

What happened with the web site revamp project and can we get that going now that we are officially
on NuGet? People get the impression the project is dead.

Also, could someone give me access to the WIKI so I can start working on updating the docs
there? Is that the recommended place to add documentation (such as walkthroughs, .NET platform
specific setup instructions, etc.) or should we aim to make that part of the API documentation
(https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/206)? While we are on that subject, is the plan
to put the new API docs at http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/docs/3.0.3/Index.html (with
the new version number), or somewhere else?

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)