From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Mailing List Documentation
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 00:45:41 GMT
Shad -

You should have admin access to the wiki now. I will try to clean it up later tonight if you
don't beat me too it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shad Storhaug [mailto:shad@shadstorhaug.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 6, 2017 1:13 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org

Hello,

We received a complaint (https://github.com/synhershko/LuceneNetDemo/issues/3#issuecomment-307391518)
from someone who wanted to contribute, but couldn't figure out how to sign up for the dev
list because (apparently) the WIKI documentation isn't clear enough (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENENET/Mailing+Lists).
He tried to signup using the *actual* email listed on the page (list-subscribe@lucenenet.apache.org<mailto:list-subscribe@lucenenet.apache.org>)
and it bounced.

He also made mention of our out of date documentation on the web site and WIKI pages.

What happened with the web site revamp project and can we get that going now that we are officially
on NuGet? People get the impression the project is dead.

Also, could someone give me access to the WIKI so I can start working on updating the docs
there? Is that the recommended place to add documentation (such as walkthroughs, .NET platform
specific setup instructions, etc.) or should we aim to make that part of the API documentation
(https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/206)? While we are on that subject, is the plan
to put the new API docs at http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/docs/3.0.3/Index.html (with
the new version number), or somewhere else?

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)