From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: "Incubating" on GitHub
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 10:35:57 GMT
Infra request I believe. I'll file it later tonight
________________________________
From: Shad Storhaug <shad@shadstorhaug.com>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2017 6:24:40 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: "Incubating" on GitHub

According to the Lucene.Net website (https://lucenenet.apache.org/), we "graduated" from incubation
several years ago (sometime before 3.0.3 was released). Yet the description of the GitHub
repo says "Mirror of Apache Lucene.Net (incubating)" (https://github.com/apache/lucenenet).

1.       Can we remove "(incubating)" from the description?

2.       Can we add something to the description to indicate although it is a mirror, this
is the "official" place to make contributions?

I would do it myself, but I don't have access to these GitHub settings.

These types of things likely give people pause about downloading the software and actually
have given me pause about contributing in the first place, as I am sure it does with others.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)