From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00002
Date Sat, 13 May 2017 17:30:28 GMT
Corruption sounds like a hard pass on releasing imo
________________________________
From: Shad Storhaug <shad@shadstorhaug.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 12:12:15 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: RE: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00002

Time's up. Here are the results:

PMC Votes

+1: (3)
0: (0)
-1: (1)

Non PMC Votes

+1: (3) (2 of them committers)
0: (0)
-1: (0)

The vote passes, but once again we have found a severe bug near the end of the vote period.

I am open to suggestions as to whether or not to release 4.8.0-beta00002. Certainly, we want
the Directory problem fixed ASAP. But, we definitely also need to start a new release ASAP
to fix this bug that could cause index corruption. The bug only happens when using binary
doc values and it is more common to use text or numeric values, so I am not sure about the
% of users this will actually impact.

IMO, it probably makes the most sense to push the release and roll a new one ASAP just as
we did before.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)