From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Regarding Lucene.net 4.9 vs 4.8 beta
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 16:46:15 GMT

It's been ~72 hours since I contacted Ferronrsmith (Nuget Package Owner). At this time, I'd
like to bump it a level higher and contact Nuget Admins.

Itamar, I don't want to duplicate your efforts though, did you get any response from him when
you contacted him?

~P

-----Original Message-----
From: itamar.synhershko@gmail.com [mailto:itamar.synhershko@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Itamar
Syn-Hershko
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2017 12:52 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: Regarding Lucene.net 4.9 vs 4.8 beta

This is a bit of a problem, yes. I contacted him via the nuget website asking him to remove
that package and work with us on an official release.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Shad Storhaug <shad@shadstorhaug.com>
wrote:

> Team,
>
> Apparently, someone released an unofficial Lucene.Net clone on NuGet
> (and has incremented it to 4.9.0), but is masquerading it as an
> official version (calling it "Apache Lucene.Net" and putting  "The
> Apache Software Foundation"
> (https://www.myget.org/gallery/lucene-net-ci). This doesn't sound like
> something that Apache would approve of, so I am bringing it to your attention. It is
certainly going to cause confusion among users.