From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00001
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 19:30:52 GMT
Shad, Connie and team - great work on this, happy to see us reaching this
stage.

I'm voting -1, reason is I think our first public beta should incorporate
this fix: https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/205. This one is
important, every real-world use case would hit this issue one way or
another (and I'm expecting our users to run multi-threaded), and I wouldn't
want to discourage them from trying future versions by running into this
bug, which I consider rather severe. Let's make this beta count, and
waiting another 72 hours wouldn't change much.

I will be happy to support the efforts of preparing a fixed version and
pushing it towards another vote and release.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant