From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00001
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 09:33:49 GMT
This is quite a severe bug, and actually can cause index corruption. It can
potentially also crash the application - some tests have been indeed
failing with an exception being thrown due to access attempt of
non-existing files. It is also probably going to fix quite a handful of
those flakey tests (which will take a while to notice). If it wasn't that
critical, I would have voted +1. In fact, I will probably cast an automatic
+1 on the next vote.

Tagging a version as official Beta, and having an announcement around it is
bigger than just having the bits around (which we had as a while).
Releasing a cleaner version will allow us to work on actual real bugs as
they will be reported, instead of potentially responding to bug reports on
something we know is already fixed even before we released. This is a
better way of "collecting information" as you said.

The compilation issues Simon has identified are important to fix (I had
some myself) but do not constitute as critical IMO.

We can start another vote now, and like I said 72 hours delay is not a big
deal.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant