From Anthony Gatlin <anthony.gat...@happycatfish.com>
Subject Using Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0 with .NET Standard 1.5 and Visual Studio 2017
Date Sun, 07 May 2017 04:36:19 GMT
On the Lucene.Net GitHub page (https://github.com/apache/lucenenet), it
says that version 4.8.0 (the beta version currently available on GitHub) is
compatible with the .Net Standard 1.5and .Net 4.5.1 frameworks. Fantastic!

I did a git clone https://github.com/apache/lucenenet.git to pull the code.
The solution opened right up and compiled in Visual Studio 2017 with no
errors under the default framework of .NET 4.5.1. All is well thus far.

*What I really need is to compile Lucene.NET 4.8.0 to work with .NET Core
1.1.x. This is where things kind of went a bit sideways.*

When I opened up the properties page for the Lucene.Net project (as well as
the many other included projects), they are all referencing the default .NET
4.5.1. There does not appear to be any option to reference .NET Standard 1.x
 or .NET Core 1.x.y instead of a standard .NET framework version.

I am sure this must be a really simple fix, but I am at a bit of a loss as
to how get Lucene.Networking with .Net Standard / .Net Core.

Here are a few quick notes that might be of interest.

   - The latest Dot Net Core SDK is installed on my machine.
   - I installed the NetStandard.Library to all projects using NuGet
   Package Manager. (The NetStandard.Library appears in the references for
   all projects with a blue and white icon. The solution still compiles but I
   am unable to drill down and see the constituent files in the
   NetStandard.Library as I can with other .NET Standard or .NET Core
    projects.)
   - I ran dotnet restore just in case that might have been needed to pull
   the various files needed for the NetStandard.Library.
   -

   All of the projects in the solution contain
[projectname].project.json files.
   After installing the NetStandard.Library to each project, there is now a
   dependencies entry in the [projectname].project.json file.

   "dependencies": { "NETStandard.Library": "1.6.1" }
   -

   I did attempt to update just the framework entry in the
   Lucene.Net.project.json file to use .NETStandard,Version=1.5 and then
   recompile only the Lucene.Net project. I ended up with several compile
   errors so I reverted the entry to its orginal value of net451.
   - There is no .csproj file for any of the projects. I did not attempt to
   run dotnet migrate as I was unsure if it was necessary, and I did not
   want to introduce additional variables.

Any help here is much appreciated. Thank you so much!