From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 19:53:16 GMT
On 2017-05-05, Shad Storhaug wrote:

> Over the past few days I realized there are a few things that could use some tweaking
before the release:

> 1. The CHANGES.txt has not been updated with the latest status.

I wouldn't re-roll a beta for that.

> 2. We have no way to make a strong-named build as per Itamar's blog post (http://code972.com/blog/2014/04/68-ditching-strong-naming-for-lucene-net).

IIRC we wanted to provide build instructions for people who want strong
named assemblies. I'd expect those build instructions to be independent
of the release itself.

> 3. It might be better to rename the Lucene.Net.Icu package to
> Lucene.Net.ICU (which, if done, is something that should be done now,
> not after the first beta).

Agreed.

> 4. The Spatial4n.Core and (unreleased) Spatial4n.Core.NTS packages
> depend on .NET Standard 1.6.1, but Lucene.Net depends on .NET Standard
> 1.6.0. This causes a non-fatal dependency warning. But we need to
> update all 3 of the Spatial4n.Core, Spatial4n.Core.NTS, and
> Lucene.Net.Spatial to fix it.

If you are going to create new artifacts, the it may be worth doing
that. But I wouldn't think this is a blocker either.

Stefan