From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject build script (was Re: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00001)
Date Sat, 06 May 2017 11:28:44 GMT
On 2017-05-06, Shad Storhaug wrote:

> Stefan,

>> The build.bat inside the source zip is different from the one inside the tag, is
this intentional?

> Yes, build.bat is generated by the build script in the "Lucene.Net
> Release" build configuration on TeamCity.

I see, thank you.

> In the future, I believe we could add a launch script that runs
> cross-platform so you can just type "build" from the CLI, but I
> haven't worked with such scripts nor do I currently have access to
> other platforms to test it with.

I happen to work almost exclusively on Linux and may be able to lend a
hand.

> For the time being, you would need to execute the following command on
> Mac/Linux (untested):

> powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "& { Import-Module /build/psake.psm1;
Invoke-Psake /build/build.ps1 -properties @{prepareForBuild='false';backup_files='false'}
}"

results in

Import-Module : The specified module '/build/psake.psm1' was not loaded
because no valid module file was found in any module directory.

and errors that stem from this. Removing the leading slash doesn't
change anything. I don't know enough about powrshell (much less so on
Linux) to see what's wrong right now, but am more than willing to be the
guinea pig.

Stefan