From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00003
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 17:59:22 GMT

in the DefaultCodecFactory that could use some concurrency locking.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)

-----Original Message-----
From: Shad Storhaug [mailto:shad@shadstorhaug.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:02 AM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00003

Third time's a charm. We've fixed the index corruption issue (that turns out *only* happens
when using x86 in combination with binary doc values) which means indexes written under those
conditions with prior versions may not be able to be read by this version (breaking change).

There were also a few other bugs fixed and for the first time ever there were no test failures
on .NET Framework. The only tests that failed on .NET Core were 2 that have been manually
set to fail (since .NET Core cannot catch AccessViolationExceptions). We can't say for sure
that the flakey tests are all fixed, but this is a good sign.

The source and binary packages are available for inspection at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucenenet/.

There is a MyGet feed that can be accessed at:

V2: https://www.myget.org/F/lucene-net-nuget/api/v2 (VS2012+)

V3: https://www.myget.org/F/lucene-net-nuget/api/v3/index.json (VS2015+)

The tag is: https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/releases/tag/Lucene.Net_4_8_0_beta00003

Please review the beta and vote (build and test instructions now on the README).

This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. sometime after 18:00 UTC 20-May
2017

+1 - Yes

0 - Indifferent

-1 - Not ready, because...