From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: New function not yet in .NET version? + Merging .dlls not working
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 12:32:31 GMT
Matthias,

is already implemented in the Java version: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7659

> I couldn’t find the function in the current .NET source. Can this be explained?

According to the linked issue, it was fixed in Lucene 6.5. Lucene.Net is currently at 4.8.0.

Due to the fact that we have not had enough volunteers, it has taken us more than 2 1/2 years
to port 4.8.0 and during that timeframe Lucene has leapfrogged us by 2 major versions. Lucene
is more than 350,000 executable lines of code (nearly a million lines of text) and putting
most of that on the backs of one or two people makes the process take time. Most projects
that you are familiar with are 10% of that size or much less.

> When trying to merge the Lucene.NET.dll’s into my library with VS ILMerge, I get the
error:
“Unresolved assembly reference not allowed: Lucene.Net.Sandbox”. Has anybody been running
into similar issues?

> Who is releasing the Nuget packages? Cause they haven’t been updated in a while (on
Myget – last update in December) and I’d like to see a new version even if the stable
is still some time away 😊

Due to pre-release versioning limitations in .NET Core, we had to switch to a different versioning
scheme and therefore have abandoned the MyGet feed at: https://www.myget.org/gallery/lucene-net,
and setup a new one (with lower version numbers) at: https://www.myget.org/gallery/lucene-net-ci.
The older continuous integration triggers were still set up at first and have pushed a botched
partial set of packages to that older feed (unfortunately). Although the triggers are now
disabled, the feed has yet to be cleaned up.

That said, we now have an official release on of our first beta on NuGet, although we will
be delaying the official announcement until a severe concurrency bug that we discovered late
in the release process is patched.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)

first of all I’m really happy that this .NET Lucene port is existing! Makes my life a lot
easier! 😊

I have three questions:

1.       I would need a functionality of the IndexWriter to expose its field names. This feature
is already implemented in the Java version:

I couldn’t find the function in the current .NET source. Can this be explained?

2.       When trying to merge the Lucene.NET.dll’s into my library with VS ILMerge, I get
the error:
“Unresolved assembly reference not allowed: Lucene.Net.Sandbox”. Has anybody been running
into similar issues?

3.       Who is releasing the Nuget packages? Cause they haven’t been updated in a while
(on Myget – last update in December) and I’d like to see a new version even if the stable
is still some time away 😊

Best Regards,
Matthias