From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00002
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 11:57:15 GMT
Due to a severe concurrency bug in 4.8.0-beta00001 we are rolling another release. Note this
is not the same release that we just voted on, but a patch for it with a new version number.
We've decided to postpone the official announcement until this patch is live.

The source and binary packages are available for inspection at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucenenet/.

There is a MyGet feed that can be accessed at:

V2: https://www.myget.org/F/lucene-net-nuget/api/v2 (VS2012+)

V3: https://www.myget.org/F/lucene-net-nuget/api/v3/index.json (VS2015+)

The tag is: https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/releases/tag/Lucene.Net_4_8_0_beta00002

Please review the beta and vote (build and test instructions to follow).

This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. sometime after 12:00 UTC 13-May
2017

+1 - release it, already!

0 - indifferent

-1 - Not ready, because...

Building and Testing (Windows Only)

CLI - Prerequisites

1.       Powershell 3.0 or higher

2.       .NET Framework 4.5.1 Developer Pack (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40772)

Command (from the project root)

build     (run build and create NuGet packages in the release/NugetPackages directory)

build --test     (run build and create NuGet packages in the release/NugetPackages directory,
run all tests and put results in release/TestResults directory)

build -t     (same as above with shorter syntax)

Visual Studio - Prerequisites

1.       Visual Studio 2015 Update 3

2.       .NET Framework 4.5.1 Developer Pack (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40772)

3.       1.1 with SDK Preview 2.1 build 3177 (https://github.com/dotnet/core/blob/master/release-notes/download-archive.md)

4.       NUnit3 Test Adapter (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=NUnitDevelopers.NUnit3TestAdapter)

Use Lucene.Net.sln for .NET Framework 4.5.1. Use Lucene.Net.Portable.sln for .NET Standard/.NET
Core.

NOTE: To compile in .NET Core, you may need to first run "dotnet restore" from the CLI before
opening the solution in Visual Studio 2015. Visual Studio 2017 is not supported.

Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)