From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: build script (was Re: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00001)
Date Sat, 06 May 2017 15:35:21 GMT
Stefan,

> > powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "& { Import-Module /build/psake.psm1;
Invoke-Psake /build/build.ps1 -properties @{prepareForBuild='false';backup_files='false'}
}"

> results in

> Import-Module : The specified module '/build/psake.psm1' was not loaded because no valid
module file was found in any module directory.

> and errors that stem from this. Removing the leading slash doesn't change anything. I
don't know enough about powrshell (much less so on
> Linux) to see what's wrong right now, but am more than willing to be the guinea pig.

I figured as much. In Windows, the command looks like:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "& { Import-Module .\build\psake.psm1; Invoke-Psake
.\build\build.ps1 -properties @{prepareForBuild='false';backup_files='false'} }"

where the '.' indicates the current directory. I wasn't sure how to specify the current directory
on Linux/Mac - is it a '.' as well? I know the slashes go the other way, though, and I am
pretty sure that both dotnet.exe and powershell.exe run on Linux.

As for the "build" command, I have seen other projects double down by putting both a "build.bat"
(or "build.cmd") and "build.sh" launcher files into their build system (have a look at https://github.com/dotnet/corefx).

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)