From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00001
Date Sat, 06 May 2017 10:13:14 GMT
Stefan,

> The build.bat inside the source zip is different from the one inside the tag, is this
intentional?

Yes, build.bat is generated by the build script in the "Lucene.Net Release" build configuration
on TeamCity. The build.bat in the repository allows you to pass the package version so you
can call the build whatever version you wish. The script does this by overwriting the version
in CommonAssemblyInfo.cs and all project.json files. However, for the release artifacts the
build.bat is setup so it builds the specific version in the release only and doesn't overwrite
any files (it uses the files that were overwritten in the "Lucene.Net Release" build configuration
on TeamCity which are different from the ones in the repository).

Build.bat should work on any Windows system with Powershell 3.x or higher installed that meet
the minimum requirements of the .NET Core SDK. If the [1.1 with SDK Preview 2.1 build 3177](https://github.com/dotnet/core/blob/master/release-notes/download-archive.md#current-releases)
prerequisite is not installed, it should install it automatically. All other dependencies
should be installed by dotnet restore.

In the future, I believe we could add a launch script that runs cross-platform so you can
just type "build" from the CLI, but I haven't worked with such scripts nor do I currently
have access to other platforms to test it with. For the time being, you would need to execute
the following command on Mac/Linux (untested):

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "& { Import-Module /build/psake.psm1; Invoke-Psake
/build/build.ps1 -properties @{prepareForBuild='false';backup_files='false'} }"

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)