From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: Release
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 17:57:37 GMT
Itamar,

BTW - I ended up setting up a new MyGet Feed https://www.myget.org/gallery/lucene-net-ci.
The reason for this is because upon testing the versioning scheme with .NET Core, it was failing
to resolve dependencies. You can have a 4 segment version (4.8.0.1), a pre-release version
(4.8.0-beta1), but not both (4.8.0.1-beta). So, the whole thing had to be reverted to a lower
version range than what is on https://www.myget.org/gallery/lucene-net. If we put new packages
with lower version numbers on that feed, the dependent packages won't resolve correctly.

Going forward, I set up the build script to automatically switch from 4.8.0-beta00001 to 4.8.0.1
(by changing the env.VersionSuffix and build counter in TeamCity https://teamcity.jetbrains.com/viewType.html?buildTypeId=LuceneNet_PortableBuilds_LuceneNetRelease)
so we can at least patch bugs post-release without the version getting out of sync with Lucene.

I am happy to give anyone that needs it ownership of the MyGet feed - but I was planning on
doing the ownership invites after creating all of the new NuGet packages so it can all be
done at the same time.

Shad

-----Original Message-----
From: itamar.synhershko@gmail.com [mailto:itamar.synhershko@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Itamar
Syn-Hershko
Sent: Friday, May 5, 2017 10:53 PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: Release

So what is the current status of the licensing issue you raised?

FYI I just started reviewing and going through all that has happened here in the last few
weeks/months, it all looks very good - thanks Shad and Connie for the hard work. I will PR
/ commit any items need correction in the next week or so.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant